Friday, February 15, 2008

The Usual

This past week I went to my favorite downtown Minneapolis quick service skyway food option (Zen Box) to have the Creamy Potato Croquette. I used to be able to eat this all the time because I used to work downtown. Now that I work out in the 'burbs I still make an effort to drive downtown at least once a month to get my fix. Anyway, when I was there the owner saw me, smiled and said "Hi, do you want the usual?" All my live I have wanted to go to a restaurant or bar and have someone ask me if I wanted the usual. Now I have finally been granted that wish and I can tell you that it is a sweet as it sounds.

Other quick points:
  • I didn't see the game, but how did UNC shoot 36 free throws to Clemson's 7 in this past Saturday's game in which UNC won in double OT. Michael Wilbon mentioned in PTI how bad the officiating was in that game and I will only have to take his word for it.
  • I'm only a week away from Cameron Indoor Stadium for a Duke home game.
  • If Kobe is out for the All-Star game his replacement should be Deron Williams.
  • How does Minnesota lose to Boston again? It was a great game, but it would be nice if the Timberwolves could win a few more times.
  • Here is a great article on sandwichs in America.
  • Going to Mystic Lake tonight to play a little blackjack. It almost feels like Christmas in Mississippi.
  • Big Love Season 2 wasn't as good as Season 1 in my opinion.
  • Stewart Mandel's book is worth a read if you are in intersted in college football.
  • Three people close to me (A Mom, a Brother-in-law, and a girlfriend have given me seperate copies of this Duke-Carolina book.

No comments: