Now that I have written that it is on to the good news and the official announcement. Our honeymoon over the 4th of July will be spent in Spain. Specifically we will be spending 3 days on an island of the coast of Spain called Majorca (or Mallorca) soaking up the sun and then 3 days in Barcelona. Some interesting tidbits of the trip revolve around a sport that I didn't even think of when booking the trip.
- They are crazy about soccer in Spain and according to my coworker from Germany they get even more excited about the sport in Mallorca. Well we will be there when the semifinals of a little tournament called the World Cup are going on.
- Spain's national team are the current UEFA European champions in soccer.
- They are the number 1 ranked team in the FIFA World Rankings.
- They never have won a World Cup.
- Conclusion - It will be crazy if Spain makes it to the semifinals.
Anyway, we are both really excited for the trip. Neither of us has been to Spain and I have only been to Europe once. Finally my 7 years of learning Spanish courtesy of St. Andrew's Episcopal School will come in handy. Adios amigios.