Sunday, March 8, 2009

Duke - UNC part two

I feel like I have been here before and no, I am not talking about another Duke-UNC game from the past. What I am talking about is the Dolphins-Jets game from just a little over 2 months ago. Before you completely disagree with me let me go over the comparisons:
  • Game time - Sunday 4pm eastern. Check for both.
  • Previous game - Road team (Jets and UNC) won. Check.
  • Last regular season game for an aging (compared to the players he is playing against), highly acclaimed, media darling. Check in honor of Tyler Hansbrough and Brett Favre.
  • If the road team wins then they create a tie at the top of their conference/division. Check
  • Both road teams had to win 4 close games to even get a chance to tie for first place in their conference/division. Check. The Dolphins had to beat the Rams, Bills, 49ers and Chiefs. The Blue Devils had to beat Wake, Maryland, VA Tech, and Florida St.

I am hoping that for the game coming up in Chapel Hill that Elliot Williams can bring some of that freshmen/rookie spark like Phillip Merling. I am hoping that Greg Paulus can overcome the criticism and find redemption like Chad Pennington. I am hoping that Gerald Henderson can continue to do his best Ronnie Brown impersation by being the best player on the court/field at any time. And finally I am hoping the other players like Jon Scheyer (Ted Ginn Jr.), Miles Plumlee (Davone Bess) and Kyle Singler (no comparison) can finish off Tyler Hansbrough's career at the Dean Dome in the same way the Dolphins finished off Brett Favre's career in East Rutherford, New Jersey.

Go Duke.

1 comment:

BC said...

Dook FAIL.
As H would say, "sweep! sweep!"