Saturday, May 2, 2009

Big news

Dear loyal readers....I am sorry for the delay in blog posts. Not that this an excuse, but the past weeks have been very busy. There has been little time to sit at a computer and write a post. The dust has now settled though, so here comes the post that some have been waiting for.

On Saturday, April 18th I finally got around to finishing the Ballad of the Whiskey Robber: A True Story of Bank Heists, Ice Hockey, Translvanian Pelt Smuggling, Moonlighting Detectives, and Broken Hearts. The book was ok and I enjoyed learning more about Hungary. Anyway, besides that big news I also went on a walk around the Lake of the Isles and proposed to M. Don't believe me? There are pictures if you need proof or if you are just curious. I am very excited that M said yes and that it was such a great evening.

Then this past weekend (April 25th-26th) M and I went house/apartment hunting with my parents. We found out that even though we are perfect DINKS (double income, no kids) there weren't any houses that we really loved in our price range. It is one thing to rent a place that we don't really love, but to buy a place that we don't really love would feel very constraining. Therefore we decided to go the renting route and after walking through 4 consecutive duds we found the perfect place for us. We have decided to sign a year lease for one side of this Edina duplex with central air, a dishwasher, 2 bedrooms, an unfinished basement, a nice sized living room, a fireplace, a garage, and it is within walking distance of a lot of restaurants, a grocery store, a liquor store, a Walgreens, etc. I typed in our new address on Walk Score and our place got an above average 83. That is 83 more points that former President Bush's walk score at his ranch in Texas.

Considering I got engaged 2 weekends ago and found a new place to live last week it kind of makes me wonder what will happen this weekend. So far not much as we went to see a friend's band last night and tonight we have a double date scheduled at Chino Latino. The only really big thing I can think of is Game 7 of the Bulls-Celtics series. M has informed me I might be missing part or most of the game because of the double date obligation, but I have faith that I will be able to sneak away for the all important 4th quarter and overtimes.

No comments: