- RPI ranking
- Kenpom ranking
- Where is the game being played? (The closer a site is to the school the better)
I tried not to take into account what teams I liked, but some times that slipped through in my picks. With that being written here are my picks
1st round (upsets in bold)
- Midwest: Kansas, UNLV, Michigan St, Maryland, San Diego St., Georgetown, Georgia Tech, Ohio St.
- West: Syracuse, Florida St, UTEP, Vandy, Xavier, Pitt, BYU, Kansas St.
- East: Kentucky, Texas, Temple, Wisconsin, Washington, New Mexico, Clemson, West Virginia.
- South: Duke, Cal, Utah St, Siena, Notre Dame, Baylor, Richmond, Nova.
2nd round (upsets in bold)
- Midwest: Kansas, Maryland, Georgetown, Ohio St.
- West: Syracuse, UTEP, Xavier, BYU
- East: *Texas, Wisconsin, New Mexico, West Virginia
- South: Duke, Utah St, Baylor, Nova
*Yes, I am picking Texas over Kentucky. This is a combination of me disliking Kentucky so much and the fact that I think there is a chance Texas can finally use all their talent and stop underachieving. Also, I was going to pick Wisconsin to beat Kentucky anyway, so I thought I would just knock Kentucky a round early.
Elite 8 matchups: Kansas vs. Ohio St. Syracuse vs BYU. Wisconsin vs West Virginia. Duke vs. Baylor.
Final Four: Kansas, Syracuse, West Virginia, *Baylor
*Houston is a 3 hour drive from Waco, Texas. Durham is 18.5 hours away. The only team with a bigger complaint would be Syracuse if they play BYU in the Elite 8. Even so if both scenario played out as I predicted I would still probably play a #7 seeded BYU team in Salt Lake City than a #3 seeded Baylor team in Houston. My hope is that my bracket is wrong and Notre Dame can beat Baylor in the 2nd round.
Championship: Kansas over West Virginia.
Kansas is the best team and I can't see anyone beating them in the tournament. I wish I could pick another team to win, but from everything I look at it seems like Kansas has to be the prohibitive favorite.