Wednesday, May 29, 2019

K Academy (Day 1) Part Two

I finished day 1 from a basketball perspective. What an amazing experience. I shot the ball pretty well in our "evaluation game." Coaches (which are current and former players) watch the games and then draft even teams based on how people perform. It was a 12 minute game with substitutions, which ended up resulting in me playing the final 9 minutes. My first basket was on a fast break where Luke Kennard's Dad threw me a nice pass for a layup. Besides that I went 2-4 from 3.....and yes it is really nice to make a 3 in a game at the same place where Duke practices.

After the games I stayed around to get a few more shots up and ended up talking to former Duke starter Matt Jones from the 2015 National Title team for a little bit. I didn't realize it at the time, but the photographer ended up getting two pictures of that conversation:

K Academy Day 1: Matt Jones (1st one)

K Academy Day 1: Matt Jones (2nd one)

Obviously you are welcome to check out all of them if you want to get a glimpse of what K Academy is like

No comments: