Wednesday, May 29, 2019

K Academy (Day 1)

So I made it! I am sitting here at the Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club and I just went and officially checked in for K Academy fantasy camp. It still doesn't feel completely real - even with the bag of Duke merchandise filled to the brim with shirts, shoes, sweatshirts, etc. Maybe the best part of it all are the two jerseys. I was given 94, which will do me just fine considering I loved the 1994 Duke basketball team and it is only one number off from the number (14) I wore in high school. Maybe a picture will do it more justice:



I am about to go down for lunch and try to see what other crazy people do something like K Academy. I am pretty hungry considering I had a small Starbucks breakfast at 5am thanks to my 6 am flight from Columbus. The great news is that the early time was the only negative from the flight. It was cheap, on-time, allowed me to celebrate M's bday last night and I had an entire row to myself since only 18 people were on the flight. That allowed me to sleep on the plane, which will hopefully positively impact my performance this afternoon during open gym (1:30pm - 2:30pm) and then evaluation games (3:30pm). Then tonight I have "Cocktails in Cameron" followed by dinner and the K Academy draft. I should know my team (and therefore my more detailed schedule including game times) after tonight.


No comments: