Wednesday, May 22, 2019

K Academy

It's been a long time since I wrote for this blog, but I wanted to provide a spot to collect my thoughts on what is one of the most exciting things I have ever done. Before I get started on actual thoughts below is brief (2 minute) announcement



So yes - I am going to the K Academy basketball camp exactly one week from now. In preparation I have tried to increase the amount of time playing basketball (about 2X a week) and tried (probably unsuccessfully) to thank my amazing wife for watching the kids next week and encouraging me to actually go. I am not sure many wives would agree to this and she is the favorite to win wife of the year for many, many consecutive years.

Anyway, I will try to provide updates on this blog, but here is some key info:

  • When: May 29th - June 2nd
  • Where: Durham, North Carolina....time split between Cameron Indoor Stadium and Washington Duke Inn
  • Who: 80 people with an age minimum of 35. I don't know who the coaches / former players will be. Last I heard from Duke was "We are not able to release our list of coaches yet as our list depends on the NBA Playoffs" 
Where to watch / follow?
  • My thoughts - this blog
  • How to watch: The Blue Devil Network will stream all games from the K Academy live online.  Access is available from any web browser:  www.goduke.com/KAcademyLive
  • Where to view pictures: www.kacademyphotos.com Password "Duke" 

Camp Highlights (taken from the website)
  • Live a week as a Duke Basketball player
  • Play in historic Cameron Indoor Stadium
  • Receive exclusive swag bag of NIKE branded apparel and gear
  • Compete in basketball games, tournaments, and contests
  • Receive elite basketball instruction from current and former Duke players and NBA stars
  • Participate in networking and social events with Coach K throughout the week
  • Access to "Team Only" areas of Duke basketball facilities (locker rooms, team lounges, film rooms)
  • Access to world-class sports medicine/rehab facilities
  • All meals & hotel accommodations included
I am beyond excited for this experience. It doesn't even seem real.  More to come....

No comments: