Thursday, May 30, 2019

K Academy Day 2

Last night we had our draft and I was picked by Team San Antonio coached by Chris Duhon, Cherokee Parks and Alex O'Connell. It was pretty cool to hear your name announced and go up and meet your new coaches / teammates. That set everything up for today where the games started.

We had two games....one at 12:30pm and then against at 4:30pm. Here were the main highlights from the games

  1. Our team went 2-0
  2. My first shot was a wing 3. I made it. What a great experience to hit a 3 in Cameron Indoor Stadium
  3. I made a few decent passes and ended the day with a team high 7 assists
  4. I took a charge. The fact that it was uncalled doesn't make it less of a charge. I set my feet, waited for my guy and did my best Wojo / Battier.
  5. After a particularly good run by my team I slapped the floor. It was a pretty aggressive slap, but I felt like I had to do that at some point in the camp
  6. M and others were able to watch the games online, which was pretty cool. I got a pretty extensive analysis from two friends watching online

Anyway here are some cool pictures from the day

All-time Duke great and one of the few with his jerseys in the rafters: Shane Battier



The freshmen year class for Duke with my K Academy friend Sarah. Wendell Moore was my evaluation game coach and is going to be the best of the group


Duke great and also future Jazz star Grayson Allen


More pictures to come tomorrow....and for the few of you following the live stream below is our schedule:

  • 10:30am at Cameron
  • 2:15pm at the K Center

This whole thing is just amazing. Truly amazing


No comments: