- Lobster in Maine: When Johnny and I went on our road trip after our freshmen year of college, we stopped in this unknown place in a random city in Maine. Johnny ordered some chicken dish, but being Maine I thought it was only appropriate to order lobster. Needless to say I wasn't disappointed as I had this baked lobster that came with copious amounts of butter. One of the rules of my life is that butter and bacon make everything better.
- Steak in Chihuahua: Over this past trip to Mexico we were taken by the factory leaders to El Quintal "Cortes al Carbon" to have the most amazing steak dinner of my life. The meal began with appetizers of ribs and empanadas. Then the meal progressed to the Ribeye Oscar, which was 400 grams or 14 ounces, which was accompanied by a twice baked potato. I have had many good steaks in my life, but this one was absolutely incredible and the Best Steak of My Life. After the BSTOML, the meal was topped off by a cheesecake as well after dinner drinks of tequila and Bailey's. I described myself to coworkers as being "fat and happy."
- 1st time I had a burger at Stamps: Now, Stamps in Jackson is called Cool Al's (there was a dispute between the father and son who owned both Stamps in Jackson, and the younger son had to change the name), but nothing about the place has changed. Check out the website http://www.coolals.net/home.htm and better yet check out the burger if you are ever in Jackson. These burgers have an amazing lemon seasoning over 11 and a half ounce of burger goodness. Too think that people waste there time with McDonald's burgers when there is an option like Cool Al's/Stamps right down the road is beside me.
- Lobster dinner on my 24th birthday: I know this is my 2nd lobster meal on the top 5, but this meal definitely was one of the best of my life. One of the better things is that M treated me to the meal because it was on my birthday. Anyway, I had never had a full lobster before, but Stella's http://www.stellasfishcafe.com/ offers a special on Sunday where you can get a full 1 and 1/4 lb Maine lobster for $19.95. Along with the lobster, I had garlic mashed potatoes, 3 glasses of wine, and this elaborate desert that consisted of cookie cake and ice cream. Check it out below:
- Nachos Al Carbon at Fiesta Charra in Oxford, OH. As a typical college student I didn't have much money to spend on elaborate meals. This happened to work out well because there weren't many elaborate restaurants in the small college town of Oxford. One of the nicer places (nice is very relative in this case) was a Mexican place called Fiesta Charra. There aren't any website to view, but if you are in southwest Ohio then go to High Street in Oxford and find Fiesta Charra. The Nachos Al Carbon are around $10 and come with nachos, chicken, steak, shrimp, and cheese over it all. As a college student there really wasn't a better meal.
Other random thoughts:
- I can't believe Miami lost to the yellowish Gophers of Minnesota. http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=272510135. Seriously, Miami's kicker had a chance to win in the 2nd overtime with a 33 yard field goal, but the kicker missed it. I even took a picture of the kicker before he missed because I was anticipating it to go in. I mean I guess I can understand how it is hard to do the one thing you are supposed to do when the ball is in the center of the field...in a dome.
- The Twins are finished...done. After last year I kind of just thought it was going to be a yearly thing where the Twins make the playoffs. Obviously I am disappointed on how the year turned out.
- The Dolphins look like they will be trying to win the Brian Brohm lottery this year. I am hoping they turn to John Beck sooner rather than later.
- Season 2 of 24 was good, but not as good as Season 1. The Kim Bauer storyline had no impact on the overall story and just made me frustrated whenever Kim did something stupid again.
I have to go get ready for the Dolphins/Cowboys game. Go Fins.