- The Wire: Season 1: B: I liked the show, but not nearly as much as my brother-in-law, my roommate, or the Sportsguy. I feel like I must have missed something, since I didn't think this was the greatest show ever. I am debating whether or not to try Season 2 or not.
- Big Love: Season 1: B: On a suggestion from a random source (my sister) I decided to try this show out. The beginning of the season is really good, but the end of the season is a little disappointing. It is very interesting seeing a show that is based on the lives of a polygamous family. M liked the show a lot and is counting down till December 11th, when we can rent Season 2. Personally, I really like any scene with the main character Bill Henrickson or the rival Roman Grant. Roman (played by Harry Dean Stanton) is a character that I hope gets more attention in Season Two because he is both compelling and creepy.
- 24 Season 2: A-: I touched on this on my previous post, but overall I felt this season was an A- compared to Season 1's A performance. I think that the season was better than most of what you can see on Tv and I kind of liked it more than Season 1 because it had less plot twists, but overall I felt that Season 1's plot fit better together than Season 2. Still, I am very excited for the possibility of Season 3 as I have it waiting in the on deck circle. My favorite random actor was Tobin Bell, who played Peter Kingsley in Season 24. Any fan of recent horror movies would recognize him as Jigsaw from the Saw movies. Season 2 of 24 also introduced one of the worst characters of all time: Alex Hewitt. Alex betrays his country, stabs the President's ex-wife, pulls a gun on Jack (not a good idea), and manages to kill himself because he was a clumsy idiot.
- Undeclared The 1 and only Season: A: A trip down memory lane took me back to Porter Hall freshmen year at Miami University. This show was a comedy on the freshmen year and was created by the same guy (Judd Apatow) who did Freaks and Geeks, The 40-Year-Old Virgin and Knocked up. This series has a decent amount of actors/actresses you would recognize like Seth Rogan as well as guest appearances by Adam Sandler, Will Ferrell, and Ben Stiller. Unfortunately this show was canceled after 15 episodes. Fox has made the habit of canceling shows like Family Guy (only brought back because it was a cartoon), Andy Richter Controls the Universe (really, really funny), Freaks and Geeks, and Undeclared before they had any chance of establishing themselves. If Nbc would have done the same thing then there would never have been 9 seasons of Seinfield.
- Greek: B-: This show comes on Abc family right now and is surprisingly pretty funny. It is probably only funny to a certain age group that is between about to go to college and graduated college less than 5 years ago, but still I like the show. In plus it is funny to look at one of the main characters (Casey Cartwright played by Spencer Grammer) and know that she is the daughter of Kelsey Grammer.
- Friday Night Lights: A: I am only 4 episodes into this one, but so far this is one of the best shows I have seen. I hope NBC doesn't pull a Fox and cancel this show. However, I am thinking that after by sticking it on Friday night (so that it competes with actual high school football) the show is only one step away from being canceled. I will never understand why I can watch Deal or No Deal almost every night of the week, but I can't see a decent show like Friday Night Lights.
That is it for today.
Follow-up: Check out the Sportsguy's colum on http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/070919.